FARO Scene Software / Web Server
A 3D laser scan of your building and/or equipment assets becomes a great coordination and visualization tool for collaboration with:
owners – engineers – designers – consultants – construction – team maintenance – field personnel
Creates confidence for everyone involved as it provides the ability to do your collaboration from a centrally located office to any of your remote or third party offices.
Free FARO Scene software available to view laser scans on your personal computer!
We host laser scan data for your work groups’ on-line collaboration. Ask for details
Benefits of including the 3d laser scan in the scheduling process are:
– the ability to utilize 4d schedule simulation models
– visualizing work break down structure (WBS)
– identifying critical paths for equipment
– responding better to design additions or changes (i.e. scanning equipment before it goes to site to make sure it is going to work)
– >helps with the overall reduction in turn around times
Less exposure to potentially dangerous site conditions:
– no hands on conventional measuring with scaffolding, ladders and tape measures
– having scan data greatly reduces or eliminates site visits for most of the design team
Assists in safety review and training of specific areas:
– personnel can walk through the facility via the 3d scanned data before actually going to site
– helps to simulate or visualize these conditions before work or maintenance is done thus reducing exposure
In the unfortunate event of an accident 3d scans can be used to investigate site conditions as they were.
Cost benefits of 3d laser scanning:
– inexpensive data capture compared to conventional methods
– reduced site visits
– human errors in field measurements are eliminated
– streamlined scheduling
– shorter shutdown times
– improved modularization and prefabrication
– changes in cad models utilizing scanned data are less expensive than field rework
– less rework.